|Type of record:||Archaeology|
|Name:||St Plegmund's Well|
Early Medieval holy well dedicated to or dating from the time of St Plegmund a 9th century saint whose hermitage was in this area (see 1909/1). Plegmund became the archbishop of Canterbury from 890 to 923. The well is a stone lined pit with two steps down beneath this is a circular rough stone well 0.4m in diameter. Restored in 1907. Scheduled.
|Parish:||MICKLE TRAFFORD, CHESTER, CHESHIRE WEST AND CHESTER|
- HOLY WELL (Saxon - 410 AD to 1065 AD)
- WELL (Saxon - 410 AD to 1065 AD)
|Protected Status:||Scheduled Monument 1018615: St Plegmund's Well 200m East of Bankfield Farm|
|1909/1||Related to: St Plegmund's Hermitage (Monument)|